Sunday, August 22, 2010

Husband A.J.'s Update

My husband A.J. has Tetralogy of Fallot--CHD and so he had a routine cardiology appointment a couple months ago.  He was feeling extremely wore down but he wasn't thinking anything about it having to do with his TOF.  The Echo cardiogram showed that his Leak in his Pulmonary Valve got considerably worse and so his Cardiologist wanted to perform another type of ECHO called a Trans esophageal echo cardiogram  and that showed that his Pulmonary Valve would need replaced, the 2 small leaks around his patch would need stitched closed, his Right Ventricule is enlarged and would need to be surgically re sculpted, and a separation between the 2 Upper Chambers of his Heart would be stitched closed.  And, it wouldn't be able to be performed in our hometown or anywhere close to Kansas but up in Minnesota at the Mayo Clinic.  There is no medications that will help with his chronic fatigue until Surgery is done.

 I am not going to be able to be there for my husband's Surgery and Recovery and it saddens me deeply but my 3 children need me also and it would complicate  matters if I uprooted them and left when I know I will need to be away from Amanda and Lucas when Rebekah needs her next surgery. A.J. agrees that I need to stay with the kids and says he'll recover as quickly as possible. My In laws will be with A.J. but I wish I could be in 2 places at once.

The next step for A.J. is a heart catherization.  That has not been scheduled yet.  We are hoping he'll be able to have his Open Heart Surgery before the end of the year.  That would make 2 open heart surgeries in 2010 for my family. 

Please send prayers for the 5 members of MY Family; that 2010 will end with Everyone Healthy

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're doing ok - we'll keep in our prayers. Do you have family close that can come help you if you need it?
    -Nanette

    ReplyDelete