Wednesday, July 28, 2010

First Surgery February 17, 2010


Bekah had her first Heart Cath. performed on February 8, 2010 at 3 weeks of age. She did amazing.

Rebekah's condition was talked about at the surgical meeting on the 12th and she was put on the schedule for Surgery on the 17th. There was just too much blood getting into her lungs at that point. It was such a relief to finally have a date but I was also terrified beyond belief that she would have to undergo SUCH a major operation and knowing that the bypass machine would be used.

On the morning of the 17th; one day before she turned 1 month old, My Sweet Precious Baby Girl went into the OR to have her little heart fixed. My parents drove early in the morning to make it just in time to see her right before she would be taken. It was about a 6 hour surgery but the time passed easier with my parents there. We got hourly updates; it went very routine with no complications.

I've asked "Why Her? Why Me? Why Us? " several times. And, my Faith has gotten me through these past few weeks and will continue to get me through. Along with all the prayers from Family, Friends and even people I have never met.

Miss Rebekah is such an amazing, strong, little fighter. I praise the Lord that he watched over her and all of her surgical team ( doctors and nurses).

No comments:

Post a Comment