Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Girls' Doctor Appointments

   When we went to Amanda's neurologist appointment, I was curious to find out what stimulant medication he would want to try her on.  I was a little frustrated and maybe a little upset that he DID NOT give us a script for a stimulant.  He told me that he wanted to wait for reports from School before deciding IF she needed on a stimulant at all.  He obviously DID NOT read the reports from her psychologist.  So, I guess we will just wait it out a couple months.  But, I won't let Mandi's academics suffer either.  He is keeping her on the same dose of Keppra; since she seems to be doing very well on it.

    Both girls had their Echos done on the same day. Rebekah was 18 lbs. 12 oz. and 29 inches at her 18 month well check and cardiologist appointments.  Bekah's Echo went very well; just the slightest change.  And, she got new doses of 1 ml Lasix a day and 2 ml of Captopril 3 times a day.

    Mandi's went OK as well, but  Dr. wanted to have a Heart CT ordered.  She will have to get an I.V. because he wanted to do it with and  without the dye contrast.  That is scheduled for Tuesday, 8-9-11.  I hope it isn't to traumatic for Mandi with her anxiety.  But Mommy will be right there with her and of course she will be entitled to a new gift as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment